Good Evening, Everyone!
It has been a while since I have written anything, so decided maybe it was time to do so. We are looking forward to Christmas with most of the family being able to attend.
Grandpa was supposed to return to Iowa City today for the biopsy, etc., but the weather last night did not sound good at all, and it has been terribly cold today, but sunny, so probably could have made it, but, we neither one felt good about it and we certainly didn't want to jeopardize Delana, since she was going to do the driving. We appreciate her changing work schedule so she would have been able to go. Next time, which will be after January 1st, we will probably just drive out the day before and if necessary, stay the second night too. They had his biopsy scheduled for 3:45PM and we were supposed to be out there by 8:00AM. This sounded crazy to me, but, guess they wanted to do it all in one day. I'd almost rather make 2 trips and not have such a tiring day for Dad. Oh, well, we'll see what happens later on.
Are you all done shopping? I am pretty much done. If I get back to Pella, will look for one more thing. I did get the Christmas cards out earlier, which is a first for me. I don't enjoy that job, but, do enjoy the cards from other people.
Sounds like Sarina and Stephanie have really been bombarded with exams this week. I'm sure you both deserve a well earned break. Will look forward to seeing you both soon. Also, Eric, Rich, Denice, Jamie and Kendra.
We did have a little snow here last night, but, more out toward Eastern Iowa, which is where we were headed. Supposed to snow again on Friday sometime. Didn't tell you the high for today was 8 degrees. It is back to 4 degrees already at 6:30PM. Oh, good old Iowa weather!!!! I'm sure Denice & family will really enjoy the weather, if it is this cold. Hopefully, it will be nicer then.
Well, Wheel of Fortune is about to come on, so will sign off for now. Keep warm and if you are driving, please drive carefully, and those flying we trust all goes well there too. Will be praying for all of you.
Love to all,
Mom/Grandma
No comments:
Post a Comment