Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mom & Dad visit OK

Hey Family,

Here is our new BLOG! So we can stay in touch better since we are all spread across the nation..... well... that might be an exaggeration I suppose. You can check this whenever you like and you can post on here whenever and whatever (updates, pics etc) you like.

So here is the first post from me. Can't wait to hear from you!

This past weekend... Mom and Dad came down and visited Steph and I in Oklahoma!
It was a SUPER fun weekend. We were sure to go to Mom's favorite OK store, called Ross, and us ladies enjoyed some shopping there while Dad 'explored' around Shawnee. We went swimming at the hotel pool a few times, ordered pizza and of course watched the Series Finale of Breaking Bad (Dad's only request during the weekend). It was a nice relaxing weekend with part of the family together.

On Saturday night, we threw a surprise birthday party for the birthday girl! It was CandyLand Theme so everyone wore bright colors and her friends AND family were able to celebrate with her in Oklahoma! We had Grandma & Grandpa on skype so they can be in on the surprise as well. And might I say Grandpa was looking pretty classy in a striped gray shirt and grandma in a pink shirt! Steph enjoyed her party and got silly stringed multiple times by her friends!!

Here is a picture of the birthday girl and me from a few weeks ago at a Talent Show, called Biggie, at OBU. She were matching with the color schemes, hm? Sister intuition I guess. (I have a picture from when Mom and Dad visited but don't have access to it now so I will upload it later).

Mom and Dad are back in Iowa doing their thing. And reality has set back in for Steph and I. She has had a lot of chemistry and biology lab work so far this week. She is trooper with the workload she has this semester! My exams and papers set in next week so I'm trying to prep this week. I'm writing a paper over Women's Submission in Marriage so if you all have any thoughts.. I'm all ears!! :)

Anywho... I'm excited about this blog and keeping up to date with you all a little better!

Can't wait to hear from you all!

Love Sarina


1 comment:

  1. Hello everyone!

    I am finally able to get on this blog deally bop and tell you all my life story. This is a wonderful way for me to communicate with my princess trainees. I can post advise and lessons right here.......on a daily basis! This is going to be soooooo much fun.

    But enough about princess stuff..... It is Saturday afternoon and the love pups are sleeping here in the kitchen while I type this important information. Rich is working today. Meagan is off babysitting today. And Jamie is in Flagstaff for the weekend with Kendra and her family. I have the entire house to myself. I love when that happens. I am waiting for the Directv guy to call and tell me he is on his way to install our new boxes. We are adding DVR to our package. I think we will really like it once we have it. There are always shows I would like to record and now I can do that. I'm going to bake a Devil's food chocolate cake for small group tonight. I was going to buy dessert but changed my mind when I saw that I had the cake mix in my cupboard. The Directv guy just showed up. That's cool. He's busy doing his thing now so I will finish typing here. I don't have a whole lot to tell other than we are all good and so happy to finally have cooler weather. The morning and evening are just awesome. I usually sit out in the back yard with the dogs an hour in the morning and about an hour again at night. When it really gets cold in the evenings we will fire up our little mini fire pit and roast marshmallows and have S'mores. Are your mouths watering yet??
    I'm going to go for now and will post more later since I know how to do this now.
    Love to all, Denice

    ReplyDelete