Good morning, everyone!
It was good to read the blog from Sarina and Stephanie, so decided to respond. Hopefully, it won't be long and other family members will "catch on" and write something too. I know it is hard to remember, but, please do try. It is fun to hear what has been going on your lives.
My wrist is healing nicely, I think. Go Wednesday morning to get this cast off and I will be so happy to get it off. Seems like 2 weeks were forever this time. Dad has a dr. appointment with the arthritis guy on Wed. morning also, so have to be in Pella at 9:10, then be in West Des Moines a 11:45. So that morning will be rather busy. On Friday, Dad/grandpa goes back to the Dr. who ordered the bone scan and we're anxious to hear what he recommends. Otherwise, we are doing just O.K.
The Youth Group came over to our house last night and raked leaves. That was wonderful, but, I think it was the leader and 3 girls - and in the dark. We told Jason where to turn the lights on and they have several bags sitting our by the trees, so we will take them to the dump later today. It rained a little last night and things are still pretty wet, but, the sun is beginning to peek now, so should dry later. Dad has mowed the leaves 3 times now and if he can do that one more time, I think we won't worry about the rest. The trees have been absolutely beautiful.
Yesterday at noon we went to the Mustang Diner. It is always good food. I had a chef salad in a taco shell with honey mustard dressing. Yummy, Yum!! Couldn't eat all the shell, but, it was good too. Grandpa had a chicken fried steak with potatoes and gravy. He said it was really good. The dr. told him to cut back on his "American Goulash" since he has gained weight. I can't say a word because I'm having a struggle too. We both need to "cut back" on our intake. Will be working on that, but, with holidays coming, it isn't a real easy time to it. Looks like I'm running out of space. Could that be??? I really enjoyed the picture of Sarina and Stephanie having dinner together. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Thanksgiving time, then again at Christmas. Guess I'm not running out of space afterall.
We enjoyed having Jerry & Linda over after church last night. We played Rook, and the guys beat 2 of 3. We ladies just can't seem to beat the guys any more. No matter who we're playing with!! Have to "brush up" I guess, ha, ha.
Well, I guess I'd better try to get something done. Take care everyone. Love to all, Grandma/Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment