Hello Family!!
Stephanie came over for din din the other night. We made her favorite which is a chicken, green beans and rice dish. It was wonderful. I doubled the recipe so I would have left overs for the rest of this week! The life of a college student.... leftovers are the best!
I got a little tired of my long hair last week so I go home from work one night and asked my roommate, Michelle, if she would attempt to cut it for me. She gave me a really strange look and said "um sure..". She has never cut anyone's hair before but I used to cut her hair my freshmen year so I told her its okay if you mess up, I can go get it done somewhere but you may be wonderful and save me twenty bucks! And it turns out she is wonderful!! She trimmed off two (ish) inches and then I framed it around my face and layered it and I really like it! Now my other roommate, Sally, wants me to cut her hair. We shall see. Who said I was only going to school to get a degree in nursing... haha just kidding.
We had a surprise fall festival for the kids at my church last week. The pastors wife and I set it all up the night before with fun little carnival games like throwing darts and popping balloons, ring the bottle, mini golf, human tic tac toe etc. The kids were super excited and we all had a lot of fun.
There was a womens leadership conference on campus this weekend. Me and two of my roommates went to it. And I was asked to wrap up one of the lectures of the main speaker and give a few applications to life and pray at the end. And I was surprised that I wasn't nervous at all. I didn't prepare for it at all, cause obviously I didn't know what she was going to talk about. So I just listened and thought about how I could apply her principles to life and shared with the ladies about that and prayed. It was really good. I have given three presentations this semester in nursing classes and I think I'm getting better at speaking in front of people. For the first one.... oh my lanta... I was sweating like a CRAZY person, I was sooo nervous!! Like literally, my upper lip was sweating like I had just run a marathon! haha. And the second presentation was a bit better, and the third one was a lot better and then my little tid bid last night at the leadership conference was a piece of cake. Maybe being a nursing professor is up my alley. I guess I should probably focusing on passing the NCLEX and getting my RN first, hm?
Grandma, how's your arm and everything? Is Grandpa being sweet and doing the dishes for you and whatnot? I told dad that once he has his surgery, you two could have a cast party together! You should definitely snap a picture! PS what happened you and grandpas camera?
Anything new with you other ladies??
Denice, are you all still coming down for Thanksgiving? Or is that Christmas?
Love you all!!
Sarina
No comments:
Post a Comment