Friday, November 15, 2013

HELLO FROM THE CULBERTSONS!!!

I have to apologize...I have not been keeping up with all the action on this new blog! I was happy to hear it was created two months ago but then never checked back in until now. And wow, y'all been busy little typers!

Anyway, just FYI, I added myself (Danandanna@gmail.com) as a contributor to the blog. So I can easily, conveniently, and quickly write a blogpost on this blog while logged into my OWN blog. Plus, at the bottom of this post, you'll see "Danandanna" as the author. I like to be correctly identified.

Technology these days...I tell ya! :) They just think of everything!

So here is a quick recap of life at "Casa de Culbertson" as of late:

  • Dan started his new job at Iowa State University - he's still in training for this first month, but then his schedule will be consistent. He always has Saturdays off now! And we have been researching our insurance and it's true! State benefits are awesome. :)
  • Payton has KinderSchool everyday except Tuesdays from 8:30-11:30 am. She loves it and she is learning so much. She never ceases to amaze me with her maturity. 
  • Payton likes to eat and snack all the time. Groceries are getting to be expensive to keep everyone with full bellies!
  • Micah is fighting a cold right now. The kids' daycare has been a breeding ground for sickness. So it's always going to be a battle this winter season, I suppose. 
  • I have a lot of vacation time to use before the end of the year, so today, for example, I took half a day off from work. Although, I'm still "working" because I am monitoring my email.
  • Dan's car - the Pontiac Grand Am - wouldn't start Monday morning. We had to have it towed to a repair shop and have the fuel pump replaced. That was an unexpected and rather expensive repair that suddenly landed in our laps. But we're glad for quick service and thankful to have relatively reliable cars!
  • My job is going well - it's the same ol' same ol' stuff that I did pre-kids. So it has it's stressful days. Luckily, I work with about 5 other ladies that do the exact same thing I do, so we can share in our woes! :) The worst part is having to drive to West Des Moines from Ankeny every day, which is about a 20-30 minute drive. 
We're looking forward to the holidays this year! And seeing everybody! Dan is excited to actually have TIME OFF for a change. It'll be the first time in our 7 years of marriage that he hasn't had to work on or before Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Ok, the children won't let me have any more peace and quiet so I need to conclude this post before they take over the keyboard and start typing things like: akjsdhfklhjasdfkjhasdf;lhjasdf;lkjasdflkjasdflkj

Love you all!!!

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment